Machine translation or human translation?
To select the most suitable translation option for your website, use the following flow chart.
The flow chart has five decisions:
- Legally, must you supply text in your customers' languages? If yes, use human translation. If no, continue to the next step.
- If your website is translated, will you get new business? If yes, continue to the next step. If no, do nothing.
- Is the fluency of the translation important? If yes, continue to the next step. If no, go to step 5.
- For human translation, is the return on investment good? If yes, use human translation. If no, continue to the next step.
- Are there many technical terms to translate? If yes, use commercial machine translation software. If no, use free machine translation software.